Monday, February 6, 2012

Scary Movies

This weekend, I saw The Woman in Black (Daniel Radcliffe is the star of this movie...AKA Harry Potter) and it terrified me. 
In fact, I'm not sure how much of the movie I actually watched. 
Also, might I add this is the first scary movie I've seen in movie theaters? 

So basically, this movie is about this lawyer, Mr. Kibbs (Daniel Radcliffe) who has to sell a dead woman's house. If he doesn't, he'll lose his job for being overly depressed about his wife's death.
But of course, this town is not a normal town. All the children are kinda freaky and everyone is telling Mr. Kibbs he should not go to this house. Instead, he should go back home to his son.
But does he listen?
Of course not.
At this freaky house (which is on an island and the road gets washed out due to high tide), he hears crazy things and then sees a woman in black out in the cemetery (oh did I mention there is a cemetery in the front yard?).
Mr. Kibbs gets back to town and a little girl dies. He gets blamed for it because he went to the house.
But of course, he goes back to the house and stays the night there where he sees the woman in black (and I was so scared I thought I was going to pee my pants). He also sees a little boy, which is her son, rise out of the mud by the road where he died and start walking to the house. Freaky, right? 
And then the front door starts making freaky noises, like someone is trying to open it. So of course, he opens the door, no one there, but then there are muddy little footprints in the house.

After his horrific night, another child dies. Turns out, the woman in black makes children kill themselves whenever someone sees her on her property.

Now, I can't tell you anything else because I would ruin the movie for you.
Just know, it's scary and it made me jump.
But it was still fun to see.

No comments: