Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Education

I should not be on the internet writing a blog post. If my English assignment was done then yes, writing here would be legal.
But I still have one summary to type up.
Luckily, it's simple and doesn't take much brain power. Read two articles, write a paragraph about each summarizing what I've read. So simple I keep thinking there must be something more. 
However, it's harder than one would think because both articles talk about the same subject: Finland kicking America's butt when it comes to education. Okay, technically Finland is kicking almost everybody's butt when it comes to education. 
There are slight differences in these articles (one discusses Finland trying to make schools equal for all and smooth out social differences while the other one says Finland is able to help student's more and have teachers with Masters Degrees), but generally, they are the same.

So what's a college student to do? 

If I had to write a combined paper about both articles, I could probably do it. Actually, it would be fun to write because it relates to my life. I'm trying to earn a degree to become an elementary school teacher. While reading these articles, I found some fun activities to use in my own classroom in the future (like outdoor math cards where the kids go outside and find 50 rocks and group them into groups of ten, find a stick as long as their foot, etc. and make a game out of it). I could also point out that Finland is kind to their teachers and gives them a better pay whereas teachers in America don't get paid much.

But I'm not writing a paper. Nope. I'm writing a one paragraph summary about each article. 

Lucky for me, I just had a moment of inspiration. 

No comments: