Saturday, January 14, 2012

Forgiveness

Sometimes, forgiveness is hard to give and yet, we always have to give it. It is easier said than done. Before walking into a situation, one could say, "Yes. I always forgive." But then they learn the situation and a decision has to be made.

For me, forgiveness is hard to give and other times, it is easy. 

It's hard because sometimes I don't want to give it. Why forgive someone when they've taken away your trust, your security, and left you feeling hurt and unwilling to trust? 

But it is so easy to forgive because at the same time, I want to forgive. Everyone deserves a second chance, a third chance, however many chances it takes for them to get it right. 

And what would happen to the people we never forgave? What if they need our help, support, and love? What if they just need a friend and we denied them friendship? How is that fair of us?

When faced with difficult situations where forgiveness is required, I hope I will always be able to forgive and I hope I will be there to help them. 

Remember, everyone makes mistakes. We all need to learn from our mistakes and forgive.

No comments: