Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Doppleganger

Last semester while I was at Institute, some random guy kept calling me "Not-Lauren." He said I looked almost exactly like his friend Lauren. I thought it was slightly annoying but soon forgot about my doppleganger.

However, today at my elementary education class, Doc (my professor wants us to call her Doc) asked me if I had an older sibling in the elementary ed program. I said I didn't. I'm the oldest in my family and the only sibling attending college right now. She told me she had a girl that looked exactly like me in her Monday class, except she is slightly taller than I. Apparently we even have the same mannerisms.

Could this Lauren be my doppleganger? Unfortunately, I forgot about the "Not-Lauren" experience and didn't ask if her name was Lauren.

Isn't it weird to think there is another girl floating around campus who looks like me? I wonder if she has heard about me. Maybe I'm the doppleganger! I hope we run into each other sometime because I want to see for myself if we really do look alike.

And then it gets weirder if you think about it because not only do we look alike (according to others) but we're also doing the same major! I don't think it can get any stranger.

On a random note, I was talking to my mom today and she finds it slightly funny that I look forward to moving out so I can have a chance to eat my own food and then my roommates eat my food for me. Oh and hide (steal...or hide) my dishrags reducing me to putting my rags under my bed between use. Fabulous.

Good thing my Oreo's are hidden.

No comments: