Monday, December 5, 2011

Finals!

Finals are quickly approaching and...I'm really freaking out. Next week is when finals start! If I fail, I'm going to cry.

Lucky for me, I only have three finals instead of four. My English class doesn't have a final. Technically. I'm just supposed to rewrite two previous papers and make them perfect; then turn them in by December 15th.

Then there is the astronomy final. If there was one class I'm absolutely terrified of failing, it would be astronomy. Oh I love the class, don't get me wrong, but it's complicated. I can't remember hard core facts (like which moon has liquid water, or which one is being squeezed by Jupiter's gravitational pull causing the moon to heat up and have plate tectonics or something like that, or what that chart thing is called that measures the size and temperature of main stream stars). And then there is the moon. That is my own personal downfall. I never thought it would be so difficult to remember the phases of the moon. Sure, I could remember the phases but the questions are "if the moon is high in the sky at night, what phase is that?" Or, "What is the phase of the moon tonight?" Maybe I'll look at the moon the night before my astronomy final so I'm prepared...or just Google it.

My elementary ed class shouldn't be too difficult. Six prompts, choose three to write about, open note and open book. I hope it's as easy as it sounds.

Math. I have mixed feelings about this one. Honestly, math has been fun for me this semester. Unbelievable, right? Sure, there was that chapter about adding polynomials and I totally failed that test but I've gotten at least 90% on the rest of my tests. That has to be a good sign, right? But then there are word problems and mean trick questions. How many of those questions will be on the final?

One thing is certain:  I will be studying until I can study no more. Then after finals, I'll look forward to a nice, long Christmas break to rest my fried brain before January comes and it starts all over again.

No comments: