Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thank goodness I live in a country that celebrates Thanksgiving! If I didn't, the last Thursday in the month of November would just be a regular Thursday in November.

I love Thanksgiving for a few reasons.
  • I get Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (plus weekend) off for Thanksgiving. However, I still have to work that entire weekend.
  • Pumpkin pie. Seriously, it's like heaven.
  • But turkey and mashed potatoes are like heaven too.
  • The pleasantly stuffed feeling you get after having a couple helpings of stuffing, turkey, ham, potatoes, pies, yams, cranberries...need I go on?
I don't love Thanksgiving just for the food. I mean, the food is a huge plus don't get me wrong. I also love being with my family. Thanksgiving is a great way to have huge family get-together's. 

This year, I'll be spending Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. My mom's side of the family isn't a very big family but we still have so much fun. Well, it's fun in my eyes. We eat, and then we talk, and the cousins will go to the basement and watch a movie. 

My dad's side of the family is big. There are so many cousins running around the house it's hard to keep track of everyone. Sometimes I'll see someone and I'm honestly not sure if we're related or not. The aunts and uncles are always cracking jokes and occasionally telling their kids to, "Stop it!"

My family isn't big on sports. Apparently other families watch sports on Thanksgiving but we don't. I don't mind though, because I don't understand American Football. 

So yes, Thanksgiving is an eating holiday but for me, it's also an opportunity to see family again. Only four more days until Thanksgiving!

No comments: