Thursday, November 24, 2011

Diet Coke Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving: a time for family, being grateful, turkey, and laughs. 

When I woke up today, I had forgotten it was Thanksgiving. It seems surreal that it's already over and the next big holiday is Christmas (well, if you're Christian and celebrate Christmas). 

I love my family. They are the funniest people in my opinion. I "helped" my grandpa carve the turkey but mostly I taste-tested it a lot. He told me to put the pieces of turkey on the platter but if I couldn't get them on the plate, then I could eat them. Obviously, there were several pieces that I couldn't get on the plate so I just had to eat them. My grandma taste-tested the turkey even more than I did. It made me feel better about sneaking food.

My family loves Coke products but mostly Diet Coke because almost everyone (except the cousins) has diabetes. Cans of Diet Coke were placed on the table, right beside the turkey and mashed potatoes. How awesome is that?

I know several families who are big into football but my family isn't. My aunt, cousin, and I had a good laugh because while other families played football or watched football, we played Wii Sports (video game but you don't sit on your butt to play it) instead. We mainly played Tennis and Bowling. So much more fun than watching American football.

It has been a perfect Thanksgiving with tons of family, homemade food, laughs, and fun. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving.




No comments: