Monday, November 28, 2011

Bookworm

I am out of new books to read. Last night, I finished my last new book; The Secret Journal of Brett Colton. This book is probably on my list of top five favorites of all time. In this book, the main character is Kathy. When Kathy was two, her 17-year-old brother died of cancer. Before he died, he left her his journal he had written just for her and told their mom to save it for Kathy's 16th birthday. So she gets it and reads it and learns about her brother and learns about herself. It was an amazing story and, I'll be honest, I cried a couple times while reading it.

But now that I'm at the end of my book, I feel slightly sad about it. I felt like I was in the story, and I was Kathy and then it all ended.

So I need a new book. I tried the local library today but found mostly westerns and Star Wars...not exactly my cup of tea (especially when I've never seen the Star Wars movies).

I can see a trip to the bookstore in the near future. There is a bookstore right across the street from my college campus. Is it dishonest to go to a bookstore to read the book but not buy the book? Just curious.

Maybe instead of going to a bookstore, I'll rummage through the boxes of stored books. Not all of my books can fit on one bookcase. I haven't looked at those books in a while.

But in reality, I shouldn't be trying to find another book to read, period. I should be studying for finals in a couple of weeks and I should be doing homework; sometimes we just don't do what we're supposed to do I guess.

No comments: