Thursday, November 17, 2011

Move Forward, Don't Look Back

Soo...that apartment I've been talking about?

Yeah, it's mine.

Technically.

I've signed the contract, I've put in the deposit money, I've been approved to have it. Now, I just need to wait for December 18th when I can actually move in. For right now, I'm trying to think of everything I'm going to need; plates, silverware, pots and pans, food, soap, toilet paper, everything!

And while the important things are falling into place, I'm thinking about all the decorating. Of course, decorating won't be much. It's just one side of a room, one wall, one desk, one dresser, one twin sized bed. But still, it's something to decorate.

I have a picture of my grandma and I a month before she died. It's a priceless picture and it's coming with me. I also have Willow Tree figurines. I love them and I've started to collect them. They all mean something different. Some of mine mean friendships, wisdom, etc. I can display my small collection on the desk and dresser.

There are quilt-like comforters for beds I've seen at Wal-Mart. I love them and I want them. However, I've never had a reason to get one. But now I do. However, my mom wants to finish making a quilt we never started. If we actually do that, then that would be wonderful too. It would probably be even better.

Even though I am excited, I am also incredibly nervous. In fact, I'm thinking, "I still have 20 hours to call back, get my money refunded to me, and forget this whole situation." But that is just my fear talking. I'm going through with it. I'm going to move forward and I'm not going to look back.