Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fears

I saw an apartment last night and I loved it. It was cute, perfect, and the people there were so nice.

One thing people need to know about me is I over think things. I can talk myself out of almost every situation. If I need to do something, I have to go for it, don't look back, don't think about it, just go. I'll think about it later, be terrified later, but it's a done deal and I can't go back.

That's what I've done today. I'm terrified of getting an apartment. I am so worried about money it's insane. But I know I can afford it. I've done the math, I've looked at the money I have and will soon get. I can do it. But it's just my way of talking myself out of an awesome opportunity.

Fears control almost every aspect of my life. It's not a good thing and I'm trying to overcome it. I wish my fears don't have such a strong grasp on my decisions but they do.

And so, because Fear is trying to control me, I decided to take action. I told the person selling her apartment contract that I'm going to buy it. Now she has it listed as "sold" so I have a fighting chance to have it. I went to the main office and got the application paper. It's all filled out. Tomorrow, I'm going back to this apartment building, I'm walking in, and I'm going to turn it in, and not have second thoughts.

Fears have a way of controlling my life. But, step by step, I'm going to get my life back.

No comments: