Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Being Sick

I am so tired of being sick. I think I'm on week three of having a cold. Usually, having a cold isn't completely terrible for people. Sure, you get a runny nose, and the occasional sneeze, and some coughing.

But me?

I cough so hard it sounds like I'm about to throw up. I cough so hard I do throw up. My throat feels like there is a tennis ball stuck in it. It's incredible I even have a voice right now. Cough drops are my life line. I feel like I'm eating them like candies. Today, I was talking to my friend and randomly she said, "My dear, you smell like a cough drop." Please keep in mind we weren't very close to each other.

Class is a little difficult. My classes are extremely quiet so naturally, that is when I want to cough the hardest. If I manage to hold a cough in, it'll just come out stronger than ever before later on in the day. Work is also an amazing experience. I just love it when I have to talk to a customer but I have to cough right in the middle of the conversation.

But on the bright side, at least I have a voice.

I can't wait for this weekend. I think I'll just lay in my bed all weekend long and catch up on some much needed sleep. Maybe that's why I've been sick for so long, I've been sleep deprived!


No comments: