Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

Today the weather has started to change. Not really started, just Hello! Cold weather is here! We're actually supposed to get snow up in the higher elevations. How fun would it be if we got snow in our own yard? No, really, I think it would be a lot of fun!

Whenever I tell people I'm excited for the "bad" weather they give me the look. It's the look that says, "Are you craaazy?" Then they say things like, "I wish it was warm all the time." If you want it to be warm all the time, move to Arizona, Florida, Hawaii, the equator! You probably shouldn't live where it's cold if you hate the cold. Just a thought.

Today, two of my four classes were cancelled. I wasn't exactly thrilled about them. If I had known the first class had been cancelled, I could have slept in an hour longer and I wouldn't have gone to the university (about a half hour drive) just to sit around to wait for my next class to begin. Then my third class was cancelled which left me a two hour break before my final class.

Sometimes I think I would rather have classes to go to. I want to be able to feel productive when I'm at school and sitting around at the institute building doesn't exactly qualify as productive.

I love the institute building because I have learned all the cute guys are there. However, none of them speak to me. It's rather annoying. No, I take it back. I get the weird guys who you want to stay away from. Those guys always talk to me.

The last time I went on a date...a few months ago. I need to become more involved in things. I try to be involved but time just doesn't seem to allow me to be involved. I need to be more involved in my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). I go to a young single adult ward and there are a lot of nice people there. They have "family night" on Monday's, I just don't know where they hold it. They also have Institute meetings every Tuesday. And occasionally there are ward activities (but lately I've been working every time there is an activity).

I've mentioned my church a few times on here. And I worry that readers won't know what my church is and try to Google it. But I'm afraid if you search it, you'll find the anti-Mormon things out there. Those are like twisted truths. They are lies that seed from truth. If you read those, don't believe it. 

Here are some sights I would go to if you have no idea what my church is. It doesn't matter what country you are from:  



I hope you like these websites! Here, there are people sharing their own personal experiences with the church and also our Prophet's words as well as our 12 Apostles and other General Authorities. 

No comments: