Tuesday, October 4, 2011

PooPoo Paper

Yes, you read the title right. PooPoo paper. Now for those who don't know me, you must know I have an interesting sense of humor. And finding PooPoo paper in my college bookstore was a very funny and exciting thing for me.

You see, elephants aren't very good at digesting their food. When they poop, a lot of the grasses they had just eaten goes right back out. Grass = Fiber. Fiber = Paper. So someone thought (and I never thought anyone would come up with an idea like this) let's get the elephant poop and clean off the nasty stuff, sanitize it, and make paper! I think it's funny and interesting.

A friend of mine doesn't find this paper as amusing as I do. I jokingly told him I would send him some PooPoo paper for his birthday in November. But he was very against it. He emailed me and said, "Once it goes down the toilet, I really don't want to see it again." And, "I don't need poop."

First off, elephant poop doesn't go down a toilet. It comes from an elephant. Elephants don't have toilets (I pointed this out to him). Now, because he is very much against this paper, I'm going to send it to him anyway. But I'm going to be sneaky about it. I'm going to unwrap it so the label can't be seen. Then I'm going to put the information about PooPoo paper (how it was made, etc.) inside the blank book Sneaky, right? So he'll have to touch it and then he'll see what it really is. And of course, I'll write on the inside saying, "A journal for your "crappy" days." Get it? Crappy?

So here's my dilemma. Am I being mean sending this paper to him when he clearly doesn't want it? I know it's not going to hurt him at all. It's sanitized, germ free, and I've given someone else this paper for their birthday and they are just fine.

But is it being too mean? I hope not because I'm going to do it!

And here is a website about this paper:  http://www.poopoopaper.com/

No comments: