Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn, Fall, Leaves!

Fall weather is approaching. I can feel it in the air. Soon, it won't be 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I love warm weather but I love cooler weather even more. I can't wait to wear sweaters and scarves and jump in those brightly colored leaves that seem to cover the entire ground.

I love the sound of leaves crunching under my feet. Sometimes I purposefully go out of my way just to step on a leaf. Does anyone else do that or just me?

A lot of the trees here are still green but you can see them turn yellow and pink and red. And several are already lining the streets and my campus sidewalks. While walking to and from class, I make sure I step on at least one leaf. I probably look like an idiot but at least I'm enjoying myself.

I bought two new movies off of Amazon.com. The Sixth Sense and The Others. Both are scary (ish) movies with a twist at the end that makes you want to watch it again because now you see the truth. It's like watching a movie twice but you view the movie so differently the second time you watch it that it feels as if you're watching it for the first time...again. Make sense? Except I've seen these movies so many times. But they never get old. If you haven't seen them, I would HIGHLY suggest them, especially with Halloween on the way!

Which brings us once again to autumn. Halloween!! It's this month! I am so excited to see all the Halloween decorations and all the costumes. Really weird question (but it's an honest question) do most countries celebrate Halloween like USA? I mean, do some of them dress up and do the "Trick-or-Treat" thing? Or is it celebrated as if it were still "Hallows Eve?"

Hopefully next week I find out what country I can do my volunteer work for next summer. Keep your fingers crossed for New Zealand or Australia! Or South Africa! Even though I was told I would find out next week, I'm keeping my hopes up for finding out this week. I'm not sure I can wait until next week! I'm so nervously excited!

In my English class, I'm supposed to write a paper that talks about a "common view" and then my own "surprising new view." Well, I thought about blogging.

Before I started blogging, I always thought blogs were for mothers who were just trying to pass the time. Which, I suppose, to some extent is the truth. But I'm not married or a parent. So therefore, not all bloggers are mothers. But that's just what my paper will be about in a nutshell. I might add that blogging provides writers a way to express their opinions in a positive way and receive feedback for their work (hence the comment options at the end of each blog). However, I'm slightly worried that I won't be able to write that much about blogging. I'm not sure how I can drag this paper out to meet the length requirement without making it sound like a bunch of unnecessary fluff. But it's the only subject I can think about even trying to do. I'm pretty much stuck with this topic at this point because I've already done a lot of homework assignments on it so it would be extremely time consuming to redo it all.

I think it's time for me to do homework, do some (or a lot of) cleaning, and listen to the storm outside.


No comments: