Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm freaking out!!!

Remember when I was talking about the ISV programs and going to a different country for volunteer work? Well, today I wake up in the morning and I log onto my email and....TADA! I've been accepted into the ISV program. Which means? $500 down payment and now I get to SAVE SAVE SAVE for this trip.

Why am I freaking out?

I'm so excited about this whole volunteer thing but I didn't actually think I would be accepted into this thing. I really didn't. I just thought it would be an amazing experience but it's an INTERNATIONAL Student Volunteer program which means not just USA is going to be applying. It's everywhere. I never thought I would actually get accepted. But I did.

So now I'm floundering around thinking about how much money I'm going to have to get with my little part time job (which by the way, I can only seem to work on Saturdays which doesn't produce enough money for this trip) and wondering how in the world I get sponsored and wondering if I can use my student loan towards this volunteer thing.

Which, I should be able to use the student loan, right? I found out about it through school and if I go about it the right way, I can earn credits towards my college education. So basically, I'm totally allowed to, right? I mean, I won't get into trouble if I use some (or most...or all...give or take) of that loan money...I hope.

And then I've never NEVER been outside of my country (USA). I have no idea what to expect. I hardly ever travel outside of my own little state. Talk about getting out of your comfort zone. I've only been on a plane once (well twice but it was in the same trip) and I never had to deal with switching planes to continue your journey. How does that work? I'm quite terrified about that little fact. But it will be okay. It will be okay.

What if I end up going to a Spanish speaking country? I can't speak Spanish. I'm hoping and praying I'll get to go to Australia or New Zealand because I can speak the language. That's a huge thing for me. My greatest fear is being in a place where I can't communicate with people. I mean, yeah, I'll be taking a two week Spanish class thing and living in a Host home, but I just don't think you can learn a whole language/culture in two weeks. But it'll be okay. It will be okay.

Not only am I freaking out about this trip and money but I'm starting to freak out about my leg. It has started to hurt constantly and I'm limping all over the place. I don't know what it is. Maybe I just sprained it somehow?

But how am I supposed to get to all my classes in time? I'm walking so slowly and limping. I feel like I'm in so much trouble. I'm not looking forward to climbing all those stairs tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I'm so nervous and excited about my life right now. I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I feel like I'm just leaping into something and hoping and praying I land safely and doing something right and something I need to be doing. I wonder if I would have the opportunity to attend my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) in a different country while I'm there. I don't think I could handle not going to church for a whole month. But I'm sure it will work out.

No comments: