Sunday, October 30, 2011

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

Why do tests make me worry so much? I've studied. I feel like I almost know it and yet I sit here stressing about tests this week. I really shouldn't worry this much because so far, I have gotten excellent test scores when I thought I would get every question wrong.

Maybe it isn't the content of the test that makes me stress out. It could be the word "test" that makes sleep evade me and my brain to constantly think about this one test. It could be a psychological thing.

What I do love about tests is I usually get out of class earlier. I have a hard time sitting for almost two hours at a time listening to one professor talk endlessly about factoring polynomials. I try to stay focused and absorb what I'm being told but sometimes I get lost in my own little world. I might even do the head bobbing in class when suddenly, I come back to reality and remember where I am. So tests can actually be good for me. I can be lost in my own world about numbers and things for an hour or so and be done.

One thing I don't like about tests are the complicated questions. In my math class, everything is pretty straight forward:  Solve for x. Simplify this equation. I can do that. However, in astronomy, he takes things we have learned and twists them into confusing complicated sentences with multiple right answers. Sometimes I'll read the question and think, "Woah, what in the world did that just say?" Then I'll look at the answers and think,"Well, that one is true. And that one is true...just maybe not for this situation." It's more complicated than it sounds.

So basically, the plan for this week is to take a few tests. It'll be so fun...not really. But on the bright side, tomorrow is Halloween!

1 comment:

see what i sea designs said...

I keep waking up in the morning thinking I have a test to take. Definitely don't...