Friday, October 21, 2011

Little Thoughts

Books are my downfall. I can walk all through a clothing store, try clothes on and still walk out empty handed. I guess I'm just a bit picky when it comes to clothes. However, when you put me in a bookstore, I'm a goner. I always find at least one thing I completely fall in love with.

Today, I fell in love with The Complete Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen. It has golden edged pages, a purple hard cover with golden designs. It's beautiful. It has 972 pages of the original fairy tales! Needless to say, I fell in love. Sure, it did cost me $20 dollars; but it was worth it.

Of course, no bookstore trip would be complete without stopping at the Starbucks cafe inside the store. How could anyone pass up a wild blueberry muffin and hot chocolate? I know I couldn't. It's the perfect ending to a perfect bookstore visit.

One of my favorite things about my bookstore is the smell. It has a new book smell mixed with coffee, hot chocolate, and baked goods. Right as you walk through those tall, dark wood, double doors with brass handles, the smells find your nose. It's such a comforting sensation. It's almost like home. For me, I can easily get lost among the many shelves of books for hours. It's like heaven.

No comments: