Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Spectacular!

It is so close to Halloween I can hardly wait! It doesn't feel like Halloween is seven days away. I don't even have a costume yet! This Friday, I'm going to a 2nd hand store to find costume ideas. I was thinking about dressing up to look like I'm from the 80s. Can't you picture it? Big hair, leg warmers, etc. It could be so much fun. I had also thought about dressing up as a flapper from the 20s. I think that would be my ultimate choice except every costume about the 20s I've seen cost more than I want to spend. I've also thought abut the 50s with the poodle skirts. My grandma has a poodle skirt she made when she was in high school. Maybe I could borrow it?

This Saturday, I'll be going to a Halloween dance with my church group. I'm so excited! It will be the perfect opportunity for me to dress up and just have fun.

I'm also looking forward to carving pumpkins. I usually do the traditional triangle eyes, upside down triangle nose, and the goofy grin. Maybe I'll do something different this year? I'm not very artistic but you can get different patterns to follow off of the internet.

This question might sound a little dumb and it probably shows how sheltered and dumb I am. Now, I know Halloween is the "day of the dead" and it can actually be a religious thing. But do other countries besides
America do the whole dress up and trick-or-treating thing?

Needless to say, I am so excited for Halloween! I can't wait!

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: