Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Diet Coke kind of day

Today is the kind of day where it seems like nothing works out for me. It's beyond frustrating. Today started innocent enough, except I woke up late and my throat hurt so badly I could hardly swallow any food. I left my home to get to school a little late but not late enough to make me late for my first class. My college is located about half an hour away from where I live. I get on the freeway, easily enough and I'm just singing along to a Taylor Swift song when...

Traffic Jam.

Yep. Brilliant. It is now 9:40am, my class starts at 10am and I am twenty minutes away from school. I'm starting to think there has to be some horrible, tragic accident somewhere in front of me. Nope. Just 6 or 7 cars being pulled over by three cop cars not even ON the freeway! But we had to all stop and watch anyway.

Finally, I get to class only 5 minutes late which is a miracle beyond all reason.

My next class comes around. Oh yeah, there is a test. Oh crap I forgot my lap top to take this test! Luckily, I will be able to take the test tomorrow at a testing center on campus. I soon left that class and headed to the library to find a computer. I needed to find a map of campus because I had no idea where the testing center is. Ten minutes before my next class starts, I leave the library and walk to my next class.

Here comes the next awesome part of my day. You ready for this? The classroom was completely empty and dark. What in the world is going on here? There was no class in the classroom on Monday either. I'm about to cry at this point because I felt like nothing was going my way and I began to worry I had missed an important class.

Basically, it was just a rotten, no good, very bad day. It was a Diet Coke day.

On the plus side:  I finally got a Diet Coke AND a large french fry with sweet and sour sauce from McDonald's. I was also able to find the testing center (which resulted in aching shoulders from my backpack and a whole lot of sweat from the sun) and now I know exactly where to go to take my next class. I also was able to finish my math homework at a math lab and take my math test. I feel like I didn't do too badly on it but I'm not going to say I did a fantastic job either. Only time will tell!

No comments: