Thursday, September 22, 2011

Australia or New Zealand next summer? Oh yeah!




What if I get this amazing opportunity to travel outside of my country to somewhere I've never been to do a ton of volunteer work and also have an amazing vacation of a lifetime? You have no idea how badly I want this.

However, the price tag isn't the greatest thing in the world. But the good news is I have a job and because I'll be going on this amazing vacation/experience/service thing of a lifetime, through ISV, I can be sponsored! I don't know if anyone would sponsor me...but still, I could try.

Now what would I do there? Well, in Australia, I could be doing a lot of habitat protection and after that I could be snorkeling, and scuba diving in the great barrier reef. Not to bad eh? Now what about New Zealand? Island Habitat Rehabilitation with snowboarding and skiing on the side.

I can't get this thought out of my mind! It feels so right for me to be doing something like this and the way I came about even thinking about it...is just insane.

Story time: I was walking to my astronomy class and I thought, "Hmm, wouldn't it be amazing to do a volunteer project in a different country? Like teaching little kids English?" I really liked this thought. Then I got to my astronomy class and guess what???? ISV is there talking about their volunteer organization to go to locations around the world to do just what I had been thinking about only two minutes before! Talk about destiny.

So here I am, blogging about how amazing it would be to get this opportunity. I can't wait for next week because then I will find out if my application gets accepted into their program! If so, I can start saving like crazy and look into being sponsored!

Do you think my student loan can go towards this? Because in all technicality, I heard about it AT a university AND it is a learning experience.

I hope hope HOPE I can do this! It would be...unbelievable.

No comments: