Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunshine and a little flower

Today I woke up to sunshine.

No, really, I did. I was quite surprised myself. Beautiful sunshine.

And I looked out the window and saw blossoms on trees, tulips blooming below my window, and birds flying in the sky.

It felt like Spring.

We have a grill in our backyard and birds thought it would be a perfect place to make a nest and lay eggs. Unfortunately, certain family members touched the five little blue eggs and the mother abandoned the nest. It's sad. And I was looking forward to seeing the little birds hatch.

Has anyone read Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck? I've read it once before and I was supposed to read it again but I haven't. It's supposed to be this great work of literature but it's depressing. Then again, most books classified as "great literature" usually is dark, depressing, and full of death (usually murder). Even Shakespeare's comedies had sadness and faked deaths, like Much Ado About Nothing.

Now Harry Potter is a GREAT book. Fantastic! A pure masterpiece. Yeah, okay, there's murder and darkness and sadness in Harry Potter. But it's Harry Potter! You can't go wrong with good ol' Harry Potter.

I feel like this blog post isn't getting anywhere important. I think I'm just too tired to write anything exciting or meaningful. Well, not many of my posts have been exciting or meaningful. They've just been about me ranting about something or another.

Like the Royal Wedding. Kate Middleton's gown was perfect. It was beautiful. However, that one hat was horrible. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Sara Fergusen's daughter's hat. I think. Anyway, it was the ugliest hat I've ever seen and I laughed.

I think it's time for me to stop ranting and go to bed. Good night world!

No comments: