Friday, May 6, 2011

The Giver

Finally. A Friday night. And what am I doing? Blogging. I'm a very boring person.

I have an internship at an elementary school. I help with a second grade class, which I love. I constantly think about those little kids (in a non creepy way). I wonder if they're doing okay with their homework. And I worry about a certain student a lot too.

This certain student has a hard life. My heart goes out to this person and I feel like I need to try extra hard to make sure they are happy and are learning the best they can. My new goal to help them is to teach this certain student how to tie their shoes. I had to help this student with their shoes and, I don't know, it just made me sad. This student seemed embarassed because they were unable to tie their shows. But when I told this student it had taken me some time to learn how to tie my own shoes, this student's bright smile was back.

Summer is coming. Soon, I'll be able to pull out my swimsuit and try to get a tan. Which is really quite pointless. I do not tan. I'm so pale. All I can manage to achieve is a sunburn that makes me look like a bright red apple and causes me terrible pain. And then the red skin peels away and....TA DA!!! Pale white skin. No tan. So I have decided I shouldn't even try to get a tan. Sunscreen will be my best friend. And I won't get skin cancer this way. And if I desperately want a tan, I can always get one of those self tanning lotions (sun free, pain free, results you can see!).

It's a Friday night. It's not even midnight yet. And what am I going to do? I'm going to sleep after a long week.

No comments: