Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dentists

Dentists are there to clean your teeth. Simple enough, right?

It is. Until they say you have a cavity, which is what happened to me.

And so I'll just sit here and wait until the clock rolls around to 2:30pm and begin the drilling process. I already feel uneasy, thinking about that drill going into my mouth, powderizing part of my tooth. Do you think they'll numb my teeth? Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't.

Well, if I can have surgery to have my appendix removed, I can do a simple cavity filling.

Except I was sleeping during the surgery back in February and I'll be wide awake for this one.

I may sound childish right now. I know it won't be that bad. It's just the thought before it all happens that makes me squirm. I bet I'll walk out of there at 3 or 3:30 and think, "I was worrying for nothing!" I can't wait until that time.

No comments: