Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jello Salad

For as long as I can remember, my mom has always made jello salad. Usually, she made it for large family gatherings. This jello salad screams summer. We always have it for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, and more recently, graduations.
And so, without further ado, the recipe!

Here's what you need:
1 container 24 oz cottage cheese
1 container 8 oz whipped cream (I use the light version)
1 container 0.60 oz strawberry jello (I have sugar free because I have several family members who are diabetic)
1 container fresh strawberries

First, mix together cottage cheese and the jello package until it's pretty and pink.


Next, add the whipped cream until light and fluffy. Resist the urge to taste test!


Now add those fresh strawberries, as many as you want!


Enjoy the result! Oh and don't mind the loaf of bread in the background....


This jello salad is cool and refreshing, perfect for summer with just a pinch of nostalgia. The good part? You can change the flavor to whatever your heart desires. For instance, I've used mandarin oranges and orange jello. The best part? It takes five minutes to make. 





No comments: