Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Christmas Time

This week has been one of the funnest and happiest weeks this year. Everything seems perfect.

I've been surrounded by friends and family and holiday cheer.

I've seen Christmas lights floating on a pond and large oak trees lit up with Christmas-colored lights. Houses everywhere are lit up in red, green, blue, purple, and white lights to celebrate the season. Nativity scenes are set up on front yards and public shopping areas.

I've seen many people give up their time and their money to help another family in need. But to them, it doesn't seem like they are giving anything up; in fact, it feels as if they are fuller instead of emptier.

Families come together after being apart to celebrate Christ's birth. Joy and laughter bubbles around homes making it impossible for someone to feel sad.

And now, today is Christmas day. To me it seems fitting for Christmas to be on a Sunday. I went to my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) where, for a whole hour, we sang several Christmas songs: Joy to the World, Far, Far Away on Judea's Plain, Silent Night, and I heard the Bells. By the time I left, I felt warm inside and wished we could have stayed an hour longer.

The day has only begun and soon I will be with my whole family and I wouldn't want it any other way. Merry Christmas!