Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pet Peeves

Here are my pet peeves:

  1. People constantly feeling sorry for themselves but never doing anything about it. Yeah, I feel sorry for myself sometimes but then I realize I'm not doing anything to change it. Once I make that realization, I kind of pull myself out of that pit and move on. I get a little frustrated when people throw a pity party for themselves day after day.
  2. Another thing that bugs me is when I feel like my words are being twisted and made unreal. I can't really explain it. But there it is.
  3. Sending text messages in church meetings. Really guys? 
  4. My newest pet peeve are my new boots. They claimed to be waterproof but my socks say otherwise. 
  5. Not knowing. I like to know things. I wouldn't say I'm a know-it-all...because I don't know many things. Once again, I can't really explain this one. I will have a question and I want to know the answer to it but I can't figure out the answer. That bugs me.


Pet peeves are weird when you think about it. How do these pet peeves develop? Do we learn them from our parents or other upbringing? Do we acquire them as we grow up and experience new things? When do people first begin to have pet peeves? 

Maybe our pet peeves are a way to learn patience. Then, maybe, we are so tolerant of a pet peeve that it doesn't annoy us anymore. Once we get over that pet peeve, maybe we move on to conquering the next one.

No comments: