Thursday, October 13, 2011

Papers, papers, papers, math!

I think I might have already put up a blog post for today. But it might have been yesterday. The past few days have been a huge blur.

First graders are so cute! There was one little first grader who was in tears because he forgot his homework and he never forgets his homework. It reminds me how innocent they are. I love being around them and I love helping them with their school work. It's amazing when they call me, "Teacher." I don't feel like a teacher. But when I think about it, even though I'm just observing, I'm helping them with their assignments and helping them learn. So maybe I am like a teacher?

I'm struggling with writing a paper. I just can't think what to write about. The more I try to expand on an idea, the more I think I'm being redundant and boring. However, when I don't expand, I'm not getting the detail (or the length) I need for a well written essay. There just isn't much I can say about blog writing. Luckily, I'm only turning in about half of the essay tomorrow and I have the rest of my weekend to figure out what I'll do with it before the completed draft is due.

I also am struggling with my math homework. Not so much with the math content, just the attention span to complete it. I find I am easily distracted when it comes to math. I think it's because I have a harder time with it and I don't want to do it so I find excuses to not do it. But that really only hurts me in the end.

For my EDEL class, I'm supposed to make a graphic organizer about ten things teachers do or are. I'm excited to start mine because I have a great idea (at least I think I do)! I want to make a story book like a child would read. I want each page to say something like, "My teacher teaches me how to rhyme." Then (because I love photography) I want to take a picture of a poem or something along those lines and put it above the words. Then I'll put, "My teacher is a doctor." I want to stick this picture down with four band-aids. Wouldn't that be cute? What about, "Our teacher teaches us new songs to sing." Maybe I could switch every other page between "My teacher" and "Our teacher." Maybe I could even just say, "Teacher helps me...." I think it would be so cute! I can't wait to get started. I just have to get this paper and math out of the way first. This graphic organizer isn't due for two more weeks.

I feel totally exhausted. I didn't think going to college and working would take so much out of me. I'm not looking forward to working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sundays should be my day off. I go to church. I relax. I catch up on some reading and homework. I love Sundays! But this Sunday, I'll be off checking people out with their ding dongs and donuts. How fun.

Yesterday, I went to the temple with one of my amazing friends. It's a pretty building isn't it?

I love the temple because the spirit is felt so strongly here. You feel at peace while you are there and sometimes you get answers to questions you had. I need to attend the temple on a more regular basis.

No comments: