Sunday, October 9, 2011

Honesty is the Best Policy

The weekend is finally coming to a close. I know, I know, most people dread for the weekend to be over but this weekend was one of those weekends that don't feel like weekends. You know?

On Friday, I went to work and dumped an entire food order all over the floor because I tripped over a floor mat. I honestly thought I was going to cry and I was so shaky and scared I was going to get yelled at. Luckily for us, the customer was a very patient, kind, and understanding person. We were luckily able to quickly redo her order and get it out to her with no complaints. The people I work with were also very kind and understanding. They were constantly telling me stories of them dropping food all over the place. So a bad thing had a good ending.

The next day at work, a grouchy old lady came in asking about our soups. We make soups from October to April. I've only worked there for two months so this is my first time dealing with all that soup. This lady asks me (not grouchy), "Are your soups made from scratch or are they from a can?" I tell her I haven't worked there for a very long time and I've never seen the soups being made and I don't know. I also ask another coworker who says he doesn't know because he's never been at work while the soups are being made. So she repeats the same question except very grumpy and not very nice. So I say, once again, "I don't know." She asks again. I give the same answer. It was a frustrating conversation that was going no where. Finally, she said, "Fine then." Then she turned around ans walked away. My coworker, being the awesome person he is says, "I'm going to flip her off for you." I don't usually like it when he swears or does things like that but it was kind of funny when he flipped her off while her back was turned.

Everyone keeps saying I should have just said, "Yep, they're made from scratch!" But that would be lying. Well, it might not have been, but for me it would have been lying because I have no idea how those soups are made (I eventually found out. They aren't from a can...but they aren't made from scratch). I would have felt bad if I had lied to her. I would much rather be honest.

This past Saturday (October 8th, 2011) there was a temple ground breaking in a town close to where I live. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this occasion because I had work. But I am very grateful there will be a temple being built closer to my home. It is so exciting and I can't wait to see the temple finished and I can't wait even more to go inside!

No comments: