Monday, April 18, 2011

Drip Drip Drop Little April Showers

When it decides to rain, it pours. I'm not complaining. I love the rain. The dark clouds are so beautiful, especially when they are so dark they look like a blue gray.  You know what I mean? And the sound the rain makes it so relaxing to me. I could just sit in my car for a hours listening to the rain drum across the windows.

It's also perfect weather for book reading next to a fire all curled up in a blanket. This scene can go well with snow too (and at this point, I won't be surprised to wake up to a foot of snow like we did a couple of weeks ago...it was a mean April Fools joke).

However, people at the northern end of the state probably hate the rain right now. It's causing lots of flooding. Not only are we getting high amounts of rain water but the rain is melting the snow on top of our mountains. People are trying to sandbag their houses as fast as they possibly can. To them, rain is their worst enemy.

Isn't it weird how people see the same situation in a completely different light?

No matter how bad things get, or how much I still love the rain, we can always look for the rainbow during or at the end of a rain shower. There is always that little bit of hope.

Things don't last forever. Bad things come and go, same as good things. The rain will stop eventually and for some, it will be a relief and others it will be bitter sweet.

No comments: