Friday, August 1, 2014

Life is crazy

This past month, I've been extremely busy. We had our amazing trip to Las Vegas where I took home totes full of books. The nerd in me was going crazy! I can't believe that trip was a month ago already. But I have been quickly devouring those books.
When I haven't been reading, Ryan and I have been trying to get back into shape by hiking. We have learned we are seriously out of shape. It has been great getting out together for a couple hours multiple times a week where we don't have to worry about life in general.



 There have been several fires in my state which is always bad news. But at least it makes beautiful sunsets to look at.

When Ryan and I are not hiking, we've been boating with my family. 


Unfortunately, the day after these boating pictures were taken, life took a slight turn to the left:
Our poor car was deemed a "total loss" this past week. Lots of tears (from me) have been shed over this event. But we've been blessed because everyone involved walked away from the accident uninjured. The accident should have been much, much worse. 
And this morning, with teary eyes, I watched the tow truck take away my beloved car. 
Now we are in the market for a new (old) car! We have found some beauties (ahem...junk) while on the hunt. On the bright side, we have a rental car until Wednesday and we still have one amazing car. 
Like I said, life is crazy.



No comments: