Monday, August 13, 2012

My summer adventures

Ready for picture overload? I have finally gotten around to putting pictures on my computer of my summer adventures. A few weeks ago, I took a trip to an amusement park.
This is a ride called The Rocket. You slowly rise to the top (which is insanely high) and then you drop. And you scream. And it is terrifyingly awesome.

I'm the one covering my head with a white looking thing. This is Rattlesnake Rapids. You get wet.
My small hometown does fireworks every August. We have the best fireworks, just saying. We were so close to the fireworks as well. You could see the fireworks being shot into the air, leaving bright orange gold cinders falling to the ground. We even got hit by ash and small pieces of firework. How much closer can you get?




And finally, my favorite pictures. My friend, Emily, is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She will be serving for a year and a half in Russia! I am so proud of her! Before our missionaries leave, we have farewells. They talk in one of our church meetings and after church, we usually eat food and gather together as friends and family to support them. 
These are my wonderful friends! Our soon-to-be missionary is in the middle, wearing the purple dress. 

Me and Emily! 
My summer adventures are coming to a close. Fall semester begins in two weeks from today. I move into my apartment next Wednesday (and I now know who my roommates are...well, I at least know their names) and the days are slowly beginning to be shorter. Who knows what this next year will bring?

No comments: