Thursday, May 3, 2012

Creativity of Walmart

My painted thumb-tacks

I have a creative side, believe it or not. It doesn't show very often, but when it does, I am quite proud of what the end result is.
Since I was about 12 or 13-years-old, my very good friend and I have always taken pictures in the picture booths you can find in malls. I own a plethora of these pictures and I wanted to display them. I usually keep these pictures in a stack on my bookcase. 
Today, I went to Walmart when inspiration struck. Why not purchase a cork board and thumb-tacks and display my pictures? But the thumb-tacks there were boring: white or silver. But, aha! Inspiration strikes again! I already own bottles of paint that I could use to make them fun and colorful.
As I was heading towards the check-out lines, I saw buttons that had images and sayings on them that I fell in love with and cost less than a dollar! 
My only wish is that my cork board was larger because I still have a large stack of pictures on my bookcase.
But now, I can display my favorite pictures with friends and family and feel creative.


The finished product!

No comments: